Village Baptist is a church that loves Jesus, and loves people. We’re also a church that views Children as critical members of God’s family, who are not just the leaders of tomorrow, but of today. So we are passionate about helping Children encounter Jesus as they are, fostering their transformation into the people God wants them to be, and supporting them to make a difference both in the church, and in the wider community.
If you’re anything like us, and would like to partner with us in the good things that God is doing. Then maybe this role is for you.
Oversee the running of our Children’s Ministry. This includes organising and running our Sunday Children’s programme, while also supporting other Children focused ministries (i.e. Mainly Music, Messy Church, Light Party etc.)
The Lead Pastor
Hours of work:
16 hours per week, with additional hours available if needed.
According to the relevant Baptist Union pay scales.
Permanent role, subject to annual reviews.
Leading the Children’s Ministry Team:
- Raising, developing, and rostering the volunteer team.
- Pastorally caring for, and developing those serving in the Children’s Ministry team.
- Facilitating team meetings when needed for support, development, and collaboration.
- Lead the organizing team for our Annual Light Party.
Managing the Sunday Programme:
- Setting up, and where necessary, packing down, the children’s rooms on Sunday.
- Connecting with both the children and their parents for care and support.
- Selecting, and implementing age appropriate curriculums.
- Keeping an up-to-date record of attendance.
- Managing relevant budget lines, as approved by church leadership.
- Completing annual written reports for our AGM.
Supporting other Children and Family ministries:
- Being available as needed, to support the Mainly Music and Messy Church Ministries.
Working collaboratively with other ministries/staff:
- Attending weekly staff meetings and meeting regularly with the Lead Pastor as required.
- Maintaining regular contact with our Youth Director to help ease the often-difficult transition between Children’s and Youth Ministry.
Desired Attributes of a Children’s Ministry Director
- A love for Jesus, his Word, and his Church.
- Heart for children, and a love for families.
- A gift of leadership.
- A confident, energetic, and warm
- Sensitive, and respectful of difference.
- Self-motivated, and sufficiently organised.
- Willing to learn.
Desired Skills of a Children’s Ministry Director
- Appropriate experience working with, teaching, and leading children.
- Relevant study in theology or education, or, a willingness to engage in study with the church’s support.
- Proven ability to lead teams and work well with others
please send your CV and Cover Letter to Ps. Cam at: